Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So Long, Solo Runs

I’m trying to give you an update since my last post, but nothing interesting of notes has happened since Sunday. Either my life is getting increasingly boring, or my memory is shot. I’m not quite sure.

I do know that I am desperate to go for a group run. When I first started running I had a steady stream of partners that pushed my limits as a competitor, but over the last few years the number has dwindled. I don’t mind flying solo – it’s a great way to work out the mental kicks of a long day – but I am more apt to work harder or run longer if I am running with a group or a running partner. I am also more apt to start my runs at a decent hour; it’s a lot harder to procrastinate when you know someone is waiting for you.

That being said, I didn’t have a hard time running tonight. It was relatively warm outside – at least in comparison to the -30 we were treated to on Wednesday – and I was in an adventurous mood, so I went searching for the road that links Lancaster Avenue to The Reversing Fall Bridge. I found it after a little backtracking – it’s called Riverview Avenue, for those of you who were wondering – and used it to add an extra couple of minutes to one of my routine West Side runs. Eventually I am going to give Lower West a little bit of love, but for now I am content to avoid the hills as much as possible.

Avoiding people, well, that’s another story. Tomorrow I plan on joining the West Striders for their Thursday run, and if all goes well I will start making it a regular event. Hopefully they’ll take it easy on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment