Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blah Blah Blog

If the blog seems a little forced today, I apologize. I spent the last two nights labouring over an essay about my elementary school experiences - wait for it on paperback, it's a real page turner - and it totally drained my will to write. I have no real desire to look at a computer screen right now, but I haven’t blogged about my training since Saturday, so it’s time for an update. Hopefully I won’t sound too cranky.

Ever since my run with the West Striders, I have increased the lengths of my runs. It was not a conscious decision, but my shortest run is now about ten minutes longer than it was previously. It’s the first time I’ve increased my mileage since I started training, but it won’t be the last. Hopefully my body will stand up to the challenge.

I have also noticed that I have gotten slightly faster since last week. The last two kilometres of my run today were about a minute faster than expected, and I generally feel like I have more pickup in my step. I still need to work my mid run form – sometimes the wheels fall off and I find myself shuffling down the street – but overall I am pleased with my progress.

Tomorrow night I plan on meeting up with the West Striders for my second group run of 2010. Will we chat about Kids in the Hall again, or will the Superbowl dominate the conversation. Stay tuned and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment