Monday, February 15, 2010

A Call To Legs

Ok, it’s past midnight on a school night, so I should keep this short. I’ve been neglecting my blog a bit the last few days, and I’ve been neglecting my running a bit too. I need to keep up to speed on both fronts if I plan on making it to Boston. Please feel free to remind me of this if you see me on the street.

Over the last four days I have only made it out for a run twice, but both excursions were really good. Thursday night I joined the West Striders for a five miler, and spent most of my time chatting with Brent and Kelly. Of course, this was the night of the infamous Abel LeBlanc incident, so we spent a great deal of time talking about that. Kelly shared some nutritional tips with me, while Brent chatted about the transition from marathons to ultramarathons. Great chats overall, and it really made the time fly by.

Saturday wasn’t too bad either. I couldn’t think of an interesting destination, so I tied together a couple of short runs together and made a go of it. It wasn’t an amazing outing, but it was better than I expected. Definitely passable for a solo run.

That being said, I have noticed that my running (and blogging) is more inspired when I am running with other people. If there is anyone on the West Side of Saint John looking for a running partner every once in a while, please contact me at kvchallenger@gmail.com. I am currently running somewhere between 5 and 5:30 per kilometer, and usually go out for 40-50 minutes at the time. Drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment