Thursday, October 28, 2010

Creepy Crawl, Plans for Fall

It's been less than two weeks since the marathon, and I am already back to the roads. My next race is this weekend - the second annual Creepy Crawl 5K - and I fully expect to run my best. What my best is at this point is up for debate, but if I can break twenty minutes, I'll be pleased.

Right now I am planning my course of action for the fall/winter months. I'd don't have any specific goals just yet, but I would like to run some short distance track events in the hopes of increasing my overall speed. I tried this approach ten years ago, and managed to knock 90 seconds from my 10k time in the process. Hopefully I can achieve similar results this time around.

I also plan on training for a spring marathon. I am not sure which one just yet, but I am leaning towards the Fredericton Marathon. It's flat, fast, and only an hour away from my house. That being said, I am also open to suggestions. If anyone has any rave marathons they would like to recommend, I am all years. As long as it doesn't take place the Victoria Day weekend (I'm getting married on May 21), I'm game.

See you at the Creepy Crawl!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete