Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Matter of Form

So I took a look at my weight and measurements, and I am not exactly in top physical condition. I’ve gained two or three inches on my waist, and I am slightly overweight for my size. It’s nothing I didn’t already notice, but it’s never fun to confirm that out you’re out of shape. It’s a good thing I started training when I did, otherwise bathing suit season would have been a disaster.

Tonight’s run actually took place at a decent hour. I managed a 7:30 start time, and wandered the West Side Streets until I felt it was time to drag my body back into the house. It wasn’t a spectacular run, but it was the first time in since I started training that I thought about form while I was out on the streets. Instead of slogging out a couple of quick miles, I focused on relaxing both my body and my breathing. Lo and behold, my enjoyment increased, and I was able to pick up the pace a little bit. It was a small victory, to be sure, but it’s one of the many things I need to remember in order to improve as a runner over the next few months.

Well, it’s time for bed again. I’ve been blogging now for a little over a week, and I have yet to finish any of my posts before midnight. I guess I should be happy that I am consistent, but I really ought to start aiming for an earlier bed time. I might be perfectly pleasant online, but no one wants to hang out with a sleep deprived Chuck in person, believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment